Benefits and Conditions of Volunteering
- You must be 18 years of age or older as of February 28, 2015 to volunteer for the 2015 Tim Hortons Brier.
- Dependent on response from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be required/accepted.
- All applicants will be contacted regarding their application no later than September 30, 2014.
- Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice. We hope volunteers will want to assist in any area.
Conditions of Volunteering
By applying to become a volunteer for the 2015 Tim Hortons Brier, you acknowledge and agree with the following:
- A minimum contribution of 30 hours volunteer service will be required for the event (flexibility can be arranged if necessary).
- Volunteers are required to wear official event clothing at a cost of $100 payable to ”2015 Tim Hortons Brier”. This fee also contributes to the volunteer reward package detailed under “Benefits of Volunteering” listed below.
- This fee will be collected in the fall when you choose your uniform size.
- Authorization to perform a background check.
- Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by the 2015 Tim Hortons Brier
- Photo identification is required for accreditation.
- We will use email to communicate with volunteers. Please provide your email address when applying on the VicNet system. Adjust your privacy settings on your VicNet account to allow the receipt of emails from us.
Benefits of Volunteering
All accepted applicants will receive as part of their volunteer rewards package:
- An official 2015 Tim Hortons Brier volunteer uniform consisting of three (3) quality clothing items.
- Access to the famous Patch with entertainment.
- Limited edition volunteer pin (not available to the general public).
- Volunteer handbook.
- Invitation to the volunteer appreciation party.
- Discount to purchase 2015 Tim Hortons Brier merchandise.
- Access to Scotiabank Saddledome seating when not on shift. Seats are available based on capacity, reserved seating is not provided.