2015 Curling Canada Curling Assistance Program (C.A.P.)
Curling Canada has allocated funds from certain championship events for the purpose of providing financial assistance to the membership of Curling Canada including Provincial / Territorial Member Associations and affiliated curling facilities.
C.A.P. targets projects designed to grow the sport at the community level or to assist capital projects critical to the operation and health of Curling Canada’s membership.
Curling Canada would like to thank the thousands of volunteers who have unselfishly donated their time and energy contributing to the success of Curling Canada championships, which ultimately funded this program.
- Curling Canada received 72 applications requesting $566,216 in funding.
- Of those 72 applications, there were four (4) applications for Business Development Grants requesting $22,000 and there were sixty-eight (68) applications for Bricks & Mortar Grants requesting $544,216.
- The Review Team granted four (4) Business Development Grants totalling $17,000 and ten (10) Bricks & Mortar Grants totalling $92,000 for a total of $109,000.
- We received applications from centres representing 11 of the 14 Member Associations (NLCA, NCA and NWTCA did not have any submissions). Nine of those 11 MAs received grants in their jurisdiction. We also received a joint submission from the OCA and NOCA which was the only application from a Member Association.
- Business Development Grants
|Ontario & Northern Ontario Curling Associations (joint)||Pickering & Atikokan||ON & NO||Ice Technician Mentoring Program||$5,000.00|
|CFB Halifax & Mayflower Curling Clubs (joint)||Halifax||NS||Marketing campaign to increase membership||$7,000.00|
|Grand Manan Curling Association||Grand Manan||NB||Youth development||$2,500.00|
|Vancouver Curling Club||Vancouver||BC||High School development||$2,500.00|
- Bricks & Mortar Grants
|Alberni Valley||Port Alberni||BC||Equipment upgrades||$8,000.00|
|Atlin Recreation Centre & Curling Club||Atlin||BC*||Building upgrades||$8,000.00|
|Baie D’Urfé Curling Club||Baie D’Urfé||QC||Arena lighting system||$8,000.00|
|City View Curling Club||Ottawa||ON||New curling facility||$10,000.00|
|Coniston Curling Club||Coniston||ON**||Arena lighting system||$7,000.00|
|Deer Trail Curling Club||Elliott Lake||ON**||Building upgrades||$8,000.00|
|Prince Albert Golf & Country Club||Prince Albert||SK||Arena lighting system||$9,000.00|
|Sundre & District Curling Club||St. Stephen||AB||Building upgrades||$9,000.00|
|Thistle St. Andrews Curling Club||Saint John||NB||Arena lighting system||$9,000.00|
|Whitlock Golf & Country Club||Hudson||QC||Building upgrades||$8,000.00|
|Yarmouth Curling Club||Yarmouth||NS||Dehumidifier||$8,000.00|
* member of the Yukon Curling Association
** member of the Northern Ontario Curling Association