TRANSFER OF QUALIFICATIONS FROM LEVELS TO NEW NCCP
As the transition of the Levels NCCP to the nNew NCCP occurs, the Coaching Association of Canada requires all sports establish transfer rules from the old system to the new system. To coincide with the implementation of Professional Development, the five-year countdown discussed below will begin January 1, 2014. The date these rules will be applied in the locker has not yet been established. Until the changes are reflected in the Locker, we encourage you to use this document to guide you in your coach training.
1. All coaches whose Levels NCCP qualifications are transferred to the new NCCP must complete the appropriate Make Ethical Decision Making Evaluation. Make Ethical Decisions (MED) policy requirement: All coaches whose Levels NCCP qualifications are transferred to the new NCCP must complete Make Ethical Decisions Evaluation by January 1, 2019.
2. (*) – Coaches who are granted “Trained” status must complete, as a minimum, training in MED. Coaches who fail to meet this requirement by January 1, 2019 will reassigned “In Training” status with credit for all criteria except MED and be restored to “Trained” status when the MED training is complete.
3. (**) – Coaches who are granted “Certified” status must complete the evaluation of MED. Coaches who fail to meet this requirement by January 1, 2019 will be reassigned “In Training” status with credit for all criteria except MED and be restored to “Certified” status when the required MED evaluation is complete. Coaches who complete the MED training will be reassigned “Trained” status.
4. MED Training is only required once, and it is offered in several different environments:
a) Intro to Competition A
b) Club Coach: Youth
c) Club Coach
d) Some provinces also offer a MED workshop in conjunction with their Competition-Introduction workshop
5. MED Evaluations are only required for the “Competition Stream.” Each level of the Competition Stream has its own MED evaluation.
6. “Level’s 1 & 2” are now expired terminology, coaches now need to comply with new training programs.
7. Sunset dates for Level 3 Certification Program – these rules will apply for coaches who have entered the Level 3 Certification program prior to December 31, 2013.
|Level 3 Technical||December 31, 2013|
|Interim Level 3 Theory Plan(Any 4 of 6 Competition Development Multisport Modules)||April 30, 2015|
|Level 3 Practical Workbooks/Evaluations||April 30, 2015|
|Interim Level 3 Certification Plan||April 30, 2015|
Glossary of Terms
MED: Make Ethical Decisions
MSM: Multi-sport Module
Comp-Int: Competition-Introduction Context “Competition Coach”
Comp-Dev: Competition-Development Context
NCCP: National Coaching Certification Program