Marc Kennedy’s Top 7 Reasons to be there in St. Albert
Marc Kennedy’s Top 7 Reasons to be there in St. Albert for the 2011 World Financial Group Continental Cup. Ticket packages are still available!
- Number 1 – The very best curlers in the game will be on the ice as Team North America takes on Team World in a unique challenge format.
- Number 2 – It’s the only championship event where it takes 201 points for a win. Where else could you be down 40 coming home and still take the title in the Sunday Skins matches?
- Number 3 – You can actually meet the athletes. Up Close and Personal interviews and Team Autographs sessions put you face-to-face with national, world and Olympic champions.
- Number 4 – Experience the fellowship of the fans! Nothing in the sporting world compares to Season of Champions curling crowds – complete with flags, cowbells and crazy costumes.
- Number 5 – You might even see Kevin Martin sweep his own rock! Anything’s possible in Mixed Doubles with just one man and woman playing on each side.
- Number 6 – Ever been to Keith’s Patch? Canada’s legendary party place is where fans and competitors alike gather to share a bite, a beverage and dance to some really hot bands.
- Number 7 – You can be part of Continental Cup history… it’s the seventh edition with both sides locked at three victories each. Who wants to miss the dramatic “Game 7 Showdown”?
“It’s really special for me to be competing in a major international event right here in my home town where I’ve had so much support over the years,” said Kennedy. “I just hope everyone in the community comes out to be part of this unique experience.”
Tickets can be purchased online, by calling Ticketmaster at 780-451-8000 or at the Ticketmaster box office at Servus Credit Union Place (opens January 12 at 2:30 pm).
Written by Al Cameron
Friday, 7 January 2011 02:11