This year’s host nation and next year’s host nation will meet in the opening draw of the Ford World Men’s Curling Championship on March 30, 2013, at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, B.C.
The final draw for the nine-day global championship has now been set, and it features Canada playing China in opening-round action at 2 p.m. (all times PST), following the opening ceremonies at 11:30 a.m. It was announced on Wednesday, Jan. 16, that Beijing, China, will play host to the 2014 world men’s championship from March 29-April 6, 2014.
The full draw for the 2013 Ford Worlds can be found at: www.curling.ca/championships/worlds/drawschedule/
Canada’s other games in the round-robin portion of the Ford worlds are as follows:
• Sunday, March 31, 9 a.m., vs. Finland
• Sunday, March 31, 7 p.m., vs. Scotland
• Monday, April 1, 2 p.m., vs. Switzerland
• Monday, April 1, 7 p.m., vs. U.S.A.
• Tuesday, April 2, 9 a.m., vs Czech Republic
• Tuesday, April 2, 7 p.m., vs. Norway
• Wednesday, April 3, 8:30 a.m., vs. Japan
• Wednesday, April 3, 1:30 p.m., vs. Russia
• Thursday, April 4, 2 p.m., vs. Denmark
• Thursday, April 4, 7 p.m., vs. Sweden
TSN will provide coverage of all of Canada’s round-robin games, as well as the playoffs leading up to the gold-medal game on April 7 at 4 p.m.
Canada’s team for the Ford Worlds will be decided at the Tim Hortons Brier, which runs March 2-10 at Rexall Place in Edmonton.
It will be the 21st time that Canada has staged the World Men’s championship since 1959, the fifth time it’s been hosted by British Columbia (1966, 1987, 1998 and 2005) and the second time in Victoria, which also hosted in 2005.
Ticket information for the 2013 Ford worlds can be found at: www.curling.ca/championships/worlds/ticket-information/
For further information please contact: