The High Park Club is a club which boasts five sheets of curling ice and the only club-owned grass tennis courts in Ontario. The club serves over 900 members and has an annual operating budget in excess of $700k. The High Park Club has event space rentals for private parties and is open to members all year round. High Park Club is located at 100 Indian Road close to transit on Roncesvalles Avenue & Parkside Drive.
Operations Manager Job Description
Basic Position Overview:
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the club and servicing the members. You will manage bar operations including the bar staff and provide essential services to our members.
Reports to: High Park Club General Manager
• Hire, manage and schedule all bar staff
o Support Events manager in executing all events to provided schedules
o Ensure all bonspiels are supported with appropriate staff
• Manage bar selection, negotiate discounts with vendors working closely with Sponsorship director. Ensure selection meets membership needs.
• Manage POS software and associated member billing. Ensure software translates to meet accounting/bookkeeping needs.
• Maintain all club policies to ensure regulatory & safety conditions are met.
• Manage all club cash and accuracy of deposits and petty cash fund
• Pay all invoices/bills, be the primary liaison with the club accountant.
• Manage external service providers associated with running the club (cleaners, etc.)
• Manage the curling sign up (with section chairs) and monitor tennis court usage under the supervision of the General Manager
• Margin on bar sales
• Meet budget for part-time bar staff
• Reconciled cash and invoice payments
• Member & bonspiel committee satisfaction with bar services
• Maintain good procedural standing with all regulators
• Others to be determined at the start of each fiscal year
• Financial acumen required, proficiency in following accounting procedures, payment of invoices, handling cash and balancing accounts.
• Experience in managing bar staff and schedules
• Experience in working with alcohol vendors
• Excellent Excel skills and ability to organize large amounts of information
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
• This position is expected to be performed onsite
• Experience with athletic operations – curling preferred but not required.
Salary range: $40-45k
Application close date is March 5
Interviews start on March 16
Preferred contact by email please email@example.com