London Curling Club, 377 Lyle Street, London, Ontario is immediately seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Head Ice Technician for the 2017-2018 curling season.
Founded in 1847, the London Curling Club is one of the oldest curling clubs in Canada. We are a very busy six sheet Curling Club centrally located in the Old East Village area of London. We are committed to providing our curling members, of all ages, a rewarding curling experience. We have approximately 650 members with 30 draws a week. We operate from early October to early April, 7 days a week.
This is a full-time position beginning July 1 and continuing through to June 30 with minimal duties during the summer months. The initial contract will be for one year with an option for renewal upon satisfactory performance and agreement between the club and the successful candidate.
The Head Ice Technician reports to the Club Manager and is responsible for the day to day ice operation, ensuring high quality playing surfaces. The successful candidate will establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the Club Manager, Club members & Staff.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Ice installation
• Routine ice maintenance to keep ice clean, keen and predictable
• Along with the Club Manager, recruitment, training, scheduling & supervision of Ice Attendants
• Ice removal, proper storage of rocks, facility and equipment repairs as required
• Overseeing of Plant maintenance and operation
• The successful candidate will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to recognize, analyze and solve problems.
• The candidate will possess the ability to efficiently handle multiple duties and work flexible hours on evenings and weekends.
• six sheets of well-lit, professionally maintained ice
• separate locker rooms for men and women
• cozy lounge/bar area overlooking the curling area
• comfortable upstairs dining lounge used for meetings
• accessible, central location near downtown London
• active social calendar with events to suit all tastes
• plenty of free parking for members and their guests
• a warm, inviting atmosphere for all to enjoy!
Applicants must have a Level 1 Curling Ice Technician Certificate but preference will be given to candidates who possess a Level 2 or greater Ice Technician Certificate or equivalent work experience.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.