Nanaimo Curling Club is seeking an Assistant Ice Technician to assist in the ice making and ice maintenance operations of this full-service 8 sheet curling facility and to assist in carrying out the preventative maintenance program for the physical plant and building.
1. Assist the install of ice for early October opening;
2. Assist install ice markings/decals
3. Assist to maintaining the ice daily (scraping, pebbling, cleaning, nipping etc.);
4. Assist to maintain member amenities on ice surface (drinking water, tissues, cleaning brushes);
5. Ensure catwalks are clean and tidy and ice equipment is stored and hung in proper place;
6. Assist in preparing the ice for any special curling events such as bonspiels, competitive events;
7. Assist in maintaining a daily log of hours worked and work accomplished.
8. Meet on a regular basis with the head ice tech and safety supervisor.
9. Attend to minor building maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance procedures as direct by head ice tech and safety supervisor.
10. Assist in off-ice duties as directed by head ice tech or General Manager
11. Assist in shut down the ice plant and clean rink area after season concludes.
Ticket 5th Class Power Engineering with Refrigeration Endorsement a definite asset or willingness to take the course.
Possess a Level 1 Ice Technicians Certification (or be willing to take the Ice Technician course within 6 months of tender acceptance)
Experience in Work Safety Procedures a definite asset
Reports to: Head Ice Tech and Safety Supervisor
A great opportunity for a young person wanting further education and learning the ice making trade under the guidance of a Level 3 Ice Tech.
The candidate must be able to work a variety of daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
Deadline for applications: July 28, 2017
Only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resume to email@example.com
or mail to
Nanaimo Curling Club
PO Box 272
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5L3