The High Park Club is a club which boasts five sheets of curling ice and the only club-owned grass tennis courts in Ontario. The club serves over 700 very active members curling in over 20 draws per week including junior curling. The members put on many bonspiels, and host world curling tour events for professional curlers. The club requires a Head Ice Technician starting in September 2017.
The Head Ice Tech is responsible to ensure club surface operations are maintained to the standards mandated by the Board of Directors. In this role, you should be organized and proactive. Your responsibilities are to maintain excellent playing surfaces, be familiar with ice plant operation, follow OCA standards for the ice, and support the Events & Operations manager in ensuring excellent service to all.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the General Manager, Events Manager, Board of Directors, staff, club members, contractors, vendors, visitors and the community at large.
1. Maintain ice surfaces, daily logs, and equipment at the direction of the Board of Directors. Record statistics to demonstrate ice conditions fall within the mandate of the Board.
2. Establish a solid working knowledge of ice plant and alarm systems.
3. Hire and manage appropriate staff to maintain ice & grass to desired levels
4. Manage all facility based projects (Capital & Expense related), Assess all assets annually to ensure sufficient budget is held aside to maintain good working conditions.
5. Manage external service providers associated with running the club (cleaners, etc.)
6. Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
1. Level 2 OCA Ice Technician certification or advanced Ice Technician capabilities.
2. Knowledge of lawn / grass maintenance an asset
3. Experience at managing and coaching staff to ensure execution of work assignments and growth of employees.
4. Experience in administrative processes (e.g. performance management, budgeting, logs)
5. Excellent communication skills both oral & written
6. Knowledge of health and safety regulations with the ability to spot and address safety risks
7. Problem-solving aptitude
1. Flexible availability (seven days a week)
2. Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time, climb up/down ladder, operate mechanical equipment, walk backwards on ice surface.
Interested candidates may confidentially submit their resumes directly to: email@example.com
High Park Club is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested and qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any type of accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
100 Indian Road, Toronto, Ontario M6R 2V4, Canada
Phone Number: (416) 536-8054