Benefits and Conditions of Volunteering
- You must be 19 years of age or older as of November 1, 2012 to volunteer for the 2013 WFG Continental Cup.
- Dependent on response from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be required/accepted.
- Dates of the 2013 WFG Continental Cup are January 10 – 13, 2013. Setup begins on Saturday, Jan 5, 2013.
- All applicants will be contacted regarding their application no later than September 15, 2012.
- Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice, but we ask each volunteer to select three areas that they are interested in working. We hope many volunteers will want to assist in any area.
- To ensure reserved seating at games, volunteers should purchase tickets/packages to sit and watch the event in the Arena.
CONDITIONS OF VOLUNTEERING
By applying to become a Volunteer for the 2013 World Financial Group Continental Cup of Curling, you acknowledge and agree with the following:
- A minimum contribution of 24 hours volunteer service will be required for the event.
- All accepted Volunteers are required to pay a $100 Volunteer Rewards Package Fee, payable to “2013 WFG Continental Cup of Curling”
- This payment will ONLY be collected at the first Volunteer Pep Rally in June, 2012 (date tbd).
- Authorization to perform a background check.
- Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by the 2013 WFG Continental Cup of Curling.
- Photo Identification is required at the Volunteer Rewards pickup (date TBD).
All accepted applicants will receive, as part of their Volunteer Rewards Package:
- Access to the Patch
- Three pieces of volunteer clothing
- Volunteer pin and Volunteer handbook
- Two pre-event Volunteer Pep Rallies
- Invitation to the Fan Appreciation Night
- Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- The Opportunity, dependent on ticket sales and standing room availability, to watch the event from within the South Okanagan Event Centre.