Benefits and Conditions of Volunteering
- You must be 19 years of age or older as of March 12, 2013 to volunteer for the 2013 World Men’s Curling Championship.
- Dependent on response from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be required/accepted.
- Dates of the 2013 World Men’s Curling Championship are March 30 – April 7, 2013. Setup begins on Monday, March 23, 2013.
- All applicants will be contacted regarding their application no later than October 31, 2012.
- Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice. We hope many volunteers will want to assist in any area. Volunteers may be asked to assist in one of the many pre-event promotions or events that will take place before the 2013 Ford World Men’s Curling Championship begins.
- To guarantee a seat in the arena to watch the curling, volunteers should purchase tickets or ticket packages.
Conditions of Volunteering
By applying to become a Volunteer for the 2013 World Men’s Curling Championship you acknowledge and agree with the following:
- A minimum contribution of 30 hours volunteer service will be required for the event.
- All accepted Volunteers are required to pay a $100 Volunteer Rewards Package Fee, payable to “2013 World Men’s Curling Championship.”
- This payment will ONLY be collected at the first Volunteer Pep Rally in the fall of 2012 (date tbd).
- Authorization to perform a background check.
- Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by the 2013 World Men’s Curling Championship.
- Photo Identification is required at the Volunteer Rewards pickup.
Benefits of Volunteering
All accepted applicants will receive, as part of their Volunteer Rewards Package:
- Access to the Patch
- Three pieces of volunteer clothing
- Volunteer pin and Volunteer handbook
- Two pre-event Volunteer Pep Rallies
- Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Opportunity to access the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre with your accreditation. This does not guarantee a seat or the opportunity to watch curling.