Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding the National Coaching Certification Program.
What will happen to my existing certification from the “Levels” system?
- In the future, The Locker will transfer the “old Levels certification” into the new terminology of the new NCCP based on rules set by each sport. We have called these our “Transfer Rules”. We’re not exactly sure when that transfer will happen, but in the meantime, use curling’s transfer rules to guide you.
I already have my Level 1 or 2 Technical/Certification – should I take the “Club Coach: Youth” workshop?
- Sure, especially if you plan to work primarily with younger curlers in your club!
- The “Club Coach: Youth” workshop will help you with ethical decision making, planning fun practices/clinics, safety, a simplified technical approach and much more!
Where do I get more information about the transition?
National Coaching Certification Program
- Become a Coach
- Coach Training
- Evaluation Requirements
- Curling’s Coach Development Pathway
- Transferring “Levels System” into New NCCP
- Sunset Dates for Level 3 Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Maintenance of Certification
- Competition Coach Resources
- Canada Winter Games Coaches
- Competition Development Program Information
- Learning Facilitators/Evaluators
- Competition Development Program Coach – Participants’ Page