Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding the National Coaching Certification Program.
Should I continue to get “certified” within the existing NCCP program?
- The NCCP transition in curling will take several years.
- The NCCP has already converted Level 1, 2 and 3 theory to Multi Sport – Introduction to Competition A, B and C (respectively).
I already have my Level 1 or 2 Technical/Certification – should I take the “Club Coach: Youth” workshop?
- Sure! – Especially if you plan to work primarily with younger curlers in your club.
- The “Club Coach: Youth” workshop will help you with ethical decision making, planning fun practices/clinics, safety, a simplified technical approach, and much more!
Where do I get more information about the transition?
Coaching Association of Canada: www.coach.ca
Or contact the Canadian Curling Association
National Coaching Certification Program
- About the NCCP
- The New NCCP
- Curling's NCCP Transition Plan
- Stages of Certification and Training
- Difference between Community Stream and Competition Stream
- What Pathway should you take?
- Community Sport Stream
- Competition Stream
- Competition Coach Evaluation
- “Sunset Dates” for Level 1 and 2 Certification
- Interim Level 3 Certification Plan
- Transferring of Old Database to New Database
- Frequently Asked Questions