Join us and be a part of this incredible week of curling! As a volunteer, you will be able to experience this world-class event from a unique, behind-the-scenes perspective where you will have the opportunity to be up close and personal with some of the best curlers in the world.
Benefits of Volunteering
All accepted applicants will receive, as part of their Volunteer Rewards Package:
- Access to the Patch, the entertainment place for the event
- Three pieces of volunteer clothing
- Volunteer pin and handbook
- Invitation to Opening Ceremonies Gala, Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Orleans Hotel
- Invitation to Opening Ceremonies in the Orleans Arena
- Invitation to Volunteer Appreciation Party at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017
- The opportunity, dependent on ticket sales and standing room availability, to watch the event from within the Orleans Arena.
- You must be 21 years of age or older as of November 1, 2016 to volunteer for the 2017 World Financial Group Continental Cup.
- Dependent on the number of responses from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be accepted.
- Dates of the 2017 WFG Continental Cup are January 12-15, 2017 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Set up begins on Monday, January 9, 2017.
- All applicants will be contacted regarding their application no later than September 1, 2016.
- Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice, but we ask each volunteer to select three areas that they are interested in working. We hope many volunteers will want to assist in any area.
- Volunteers are welcome to sit in any unoccupied seat with their credentials, but to ensure “reserved” seating at games, volunteers should purchase tickets/packages to sit and watch the event in the arena.
Conditions of Volunteering
By applying to become a Volunteer for the 2017 World Financial Group Continental Cup, you must acknowledge and agree with the following:
- A minimum contribution of 24 hours or five volunteer shifts of volunteer service will be required for this event. Shift length, time and frequentcy will be determined by volunteer position.
- All accepted volunteers are required to pay a $100 Volunteer Rewards Package Fee.
- Authorization to perform a background check.
- Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by the 2017 World Financial Group Continental Cup.
- Provide photo identification in advance for ID badge/credentials provided at the Volunteer Check In/Accreditation.