BE PART OF CURLING’S CAPITAL!
Join us and be a part of the Curling’s Capital event series in Calgary! As a volunteer, you will be able to experience multiple world-class events from a safe and unique perspective. The 2021 curling championships will be held in an exceptional format and the volunteer involvement will also be different this season. Please read below for all the details on what to expect as a volunteer for the Curling’s Capital event series.
- Volunteer safety is our highest priority; strict COVID-19 protocols, training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
- Volunteers will be subject to a wellness questionnaire and temperature check before each shift.
- We encourage volunteers to adhere to provincial health guidelines, be diligent, and keep their contacts to a minimum.
- Volunteers will not be isolated within the “bubble” and will not be required to quarantine or submit COVID-19 testing results.
- Volunteer registration is NOT event specific. Although you are registering via a specific championship event page, volunteer shifts will be spread over all Curling’s Capital events from February through April including the Scotties Tournament of Hearts, the Tim Hortons Brier, the World Men’s Curling Championship and the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championship as well as two Grand Slam events. Your shift preferences will be noted.
- Volunteers will be required to work a minimum of 50 hours (10 x 5 hour shifts).
- A $100 REFUNDABLE volunteer fee will be required upon registration and will be fully refunded upon completion of your minimum hours.
- Volunteers will receive a Curling’s Capital uniform and collectors pin.
- There will be limited access to viewing live games.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Volunteer positions are now full. If you would like to be added to the wait list or have any questions about volunteering, please contact Shannon Kleibrink at [email protected].
Want to be notified when volunteer opportunities are announced for our events? Click here and fill out the short form to sign up for the email list.