So you’ve seen curling on television or someone at work or school is talking about it, but what exactly is this sport of curling all about? Here are the basics that you need to know.
– The Many Benefits of Curling
– Rules of the Game
– Basics of Strategy
– Curling “Lingo”
– Curling Ice: The Playing Surface
– The Basics of Playing the Game
– Liability & Waiver of Claims
– Find a Curling Centre
– Getting Started in Schools
– Wheelchair Curling
– Rocks & Rings
– Summer Curling Camps
– SHOP: Curling Resources
– SHOP: Curling Gear/Apparel
Want to find out how you can become a certified curling coach? Looking for coaching resources? You’ve come to the right place!
– Become a Coach
– Coach Training
– Evaluation Requirements
– Coach Development Pathway
– Transferring “Levels System” to NCCP
– Sunset Dates for Level 3 Program
– Coaching News and FAQs
– Maintenance of Certification
Tips and helpful information for the business side of curling.
– Advocacy Toolkit (NEW)
– Promotional Posters for Curling Centres
– Growing the Sport: Leveraging 2018
– Profile: the Canadian Curler
– Curling Assistance Program (C.A.P.)
– Club Development Fund
– Tim Hortons Discover Curling Development Program
– Youth Feeder System
– Business of Curling Program
– Child Fitness Tax Credit Receipt Sample
Videos, articles and other helpful information to assist curling ice technicians.
High performance camp opportunities and policies for high performance athletes.
– Obligations of Competitors and Coaches & Dispute Settlement Mechanism
Though curling was started in Scotland, the sport has a long and rich history in Canada.