Curling & the Canadian Society of Club Managers
The Canadian Society of Club Managers (CSCM) is an organization dedicated to supporting club managers across Canada. That professional support includes some of the following (excerpted from their benefits package):
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – highly successful seminars, workshops, and conferences both nationally and regionally.
- INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION – recognized internationally, The Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation evaluates the ten (10) core competencies of club management.
- AWARDS – a variety of annual award programs which recognizes member achievements.
- COMMITTEES, ADVISORY GROUPS and TASK FORCES – sharing your expertise through active participation on committees, advisory groups and task forces is the fastest way to sharpen your management skills and build your leadership profile in the club industry.
- PURCHASING PROGRAM – from food and beverage to insurance, discount pricing and preferred service arrangements on the products and services members use most are available.
- PUBLICATIONS – a subscription to Club Manager Quarterly (CMQ) magazine and to CMAA’s Club Management Magazine
- ANNUAL GM COMPENSATION REPORT – annual survey and report on GM’s salary, bonuses and benefits broken down by club type, revenue, region, and population.