The Fort St. John Curling Club is a growing, busy 50-year-old curling club located in Fort St. John, BC. The FSJCC is primarily a volunteer-run organization that includes a full complement of evening and daytime curling leagues, bonspiels, clinics, and numerous other curling and non-curling activities for its members. The Club also generates revenue through sponsorship, advertising, and by hosting private ice and dry rentals to its members and to private groups during the curling and summer season.
Under the direction of the board of the Fort St. John Curling Club (FSJCC) the manager will run the day-to-day operations of the club. The position will commence in spring of 2018 and will be a full time position.
Here’s what you will need to do:
• Coordinate our curling leagues, bonspiels, play-offs and various club events.
• Manage clinics, pro-shop, bar, private rentals.
• Manage our annual financial budget to ensure we achieve budgeted income each year.
• Oversee bookkeeping/payroll and work with treasurer to ensure financial statements are generated on monthly basis
• Oversee advertising and sponsorship to ensure we maximize top line revenues each year.
• Act as ambassador to our Club; recruit members and promote the game of curling within our community.
• Oversee building maintenance — liaise with various parties including City of Fort St. John, ice maintenance staff to ensure building is maintained.
•Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
•Experience in customer-facing capacity (customer support or sales), with great communication skills
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in dealing with club members, curlers, volunteers and the general public.
• You have an understanding of Curling – rules/the curling community, field of play
• You are approachable, positive, and are able to work with wide variety of people.
• Business background – proven manager, with ability to see the big picture, but willing to wear multiple hats to manage the diverse range of duties involved in this position.
• You have good computer skills.
Competitive Compensation package with bonus structure.