The Yellowknife Curling Club is now accepting applications for a new Head Ice Technician for the 2018/2019 curling season. We currently have a 8 sheet, sand based facility with an active membership. Our season runs from mid-October to end of March that includes weekly leagues, youth programs, bonspiels, rentals and more.
1. Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Board of Directors and Club Manager, the successful applicant is responsible to ensure that the ice-making component is operated efficiently, safely, and effectively from September 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019. In this regard effective communication with the Board of Directors, Club Coordinator, Volunteers, and the membership will form a critical component of the overall approach.
2. Major Responsibilities:
The Ice Technician is responsible for the day-to-day ice operations ensuring high quality playing conditions as well as establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the Club Manager, Board of Directors, staff, club members, contractors, vendors, visitors and the community at large.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ice installation
• Daily maintenance
• Training, and scheduling of ice volunteers (at the approval of the Board of Directors)
• Minor facilities maintenance and repair as needed both on and off the ice
• Removal of ice, and proper storage of rocks and equipment
3. Skills and Attributes:
• Customer service orientation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Works well with minimal direction and positive results