The Burlington Curling Club is now accepting applications for a Head Ice Technician for the 2018/2019 curling season. We are a busy and financially strong 5 sheet, sand based facility, with a large active membership. Our season runs from mid-September to mid-April and we average 6 draws and three scrapes per day.
1. Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful applicant is responsible to ensure that the ice-making component is operated efficiently, safely, and effectively from September 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
2. Major Responsibilities:
The Head Ice Technician is responsible for the day-to-day ice operations ensuring high quality playing conditions as well as establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the General Manager, Board of Directors, staff, club members, contractors, vendors, visitors and the community at large. Our expectation is for you to be on site for all major club events.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ice installation
• Complete draw changes
• Daily maintenance
• Recruitment, training, and scheduling of ice staff
• Minor facilities maintenance and repair as needed both on and off the ice
• Removal of ice, and proper storage of rocks and equipment
3. Skills and Attributes:
• Level 2 Ice Technician Certification or equivalent experience
• Customer service orientation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous experience using the Ice Mistress would be an asset
• Works well with minimal direction and positive results
• We do have experienced assistant ice technicians on staff to help you.
Reports to: General Manager
Salary: Range $44-54,000 (negotiable with experience)
Deadline for applications: June 4, 2018
Submissions by email to: Jim Holland, the General Manager: email@example.com
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all submissions will be assessed; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted further. BCC is committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.