The Leduc Curling Club operates an eight sheet curling facility located inside the Leduc Recreation Centre in Leduc, Alberta. Activities include weekday and nightly leagues, bonspiels, and ice rentals. The Leduc Recreation Centre also contains three ice surfaces, two field-houses, pool, fitness club and track and various multi-purposes areas.
The Club is seeking applicants for the position of a General Manager, whose duties shall include:
- League organization, registration, scheduling, standings and all aspects of member relations.
- Co-ordination of all ice rental activities.
- Organization and operation of club events including bonspiels and special events.
- Organization and operations of provincial and/or national events on an as-awarded basis.
- Fundraising activities including advertising, bingo, casino, raffles and others.
- Pro-shop operations and sales.
- All club administration including cash receipts and disbursements, bookkeeping, purchases, bank deposits, and all related office duties.
- Co-ordination of activities with the head ice maker and President.
- Maintaining relationship with Leduc Recreation Centre staff, provincial and national curling bodies, user groups, members and Board of Directors.
The General Manager reports directly to the President of the curling club who reports to the Board of Directors. This is a full-time year round position and requires an extensive time commitment during the curling season which runs from mid August to early to mid April. During the season hours will include days, evenings, and the occasional weekend. This commitment is offset by a reduced time requirement in the summer months (10-15 hours/week from April to August). Full wages are paid year round.
The General Manager must have a basic understanding of office and accounting functions, have strong computer skills, and excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work with a minimum of supervision in a member driven organization. Experience in a sports related field and interest and proficiency in the sport of curling would be an asset.
This position includes paid vacation, benefits, and a cell phone allowance.
Resumes can be submitted by email to:
Chris Hedstrom, President, Leduc Curling Club Ltd.
No phone calls please, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.