The Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club is currently recruiting for a Curling Professional who will manage Curling, Lawn Bowling, Croquet and all the related day-to-day operations of these activities. They will continue to develop programs for these activities in conjunction with the Curling and Lawn Bowling Committees.
An Overview of the Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Development and maintenance of programing for Curling, Lawn Bowling and Croquet
• Manages registration process; organizing and scheduling member leagues
• Develop and implement professional lessons and clinics for members and guests of the Club
• Plans and coordinates special events for members including invitational tournaments and bonspiels
• Liaises with committee chairpersons regarding program selections and prepares reports for committees and management
• Recommends programs to the Curling, Lawn Bowling Chair and Croquet for formal approval
• Distributes notices of meetings/agendas, reserves meeting rooms and produces and distributes minutes of meetings
• Markets sports internally to other activities (Club Life Events)
• Prepares/creates all information for weekly member communiqué (Curling Tuesday Takeout), weekly Club-wide e-blasts, Club monthly bulletin and website pages; maintains activity calendars; updates score sheets daily
• Liaises with members and maintenance staff with respect to ice and green conditions; including scheduling of ice times and lawn bowling for member events and provides updates as needed
• Liaises with external sports associations and clubs
• Manages events hosted by the Club for local and Ontario curling associations
• Orders, updates and maintains trophies and awards
• Coordinates the production of annual section booklets, including rosters and activity calendars
• Completion of community college or equivalent, preferably in Business, Hospitality, Recreation/Leisure Management, or Sports Administration program required; Curling Coach (Level 2) and Ice Technician (Level 1) certification required. Smart Serve certification required.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar role required, in Club or related work environment.
• Must have advanced knowledge of draw master responsibilities, league coordination and professional lessons/clinics
• Advanced proficiency in curling and in the online registration system for curling required; working level skills in Excel, Word, Northstar; advanced level skills in event organizing required; must have working level skills in conducting meetings and making presentations, budget development and monitoring, purchasing and database administration
Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources and they will ensure the necessary steps are taken to accommodate your needs Alexandra Aranibar [email protected].