Expected to rapidly transition to Chief Engineer position with guidance as required from the current Chief.
Employee Refrigeration Operator
Nestled in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, with the gorgeous beaches on lake Okanagan surrounded by plenty of mountains for hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding and golfing and a multitude of other outdoor activities Kelowna Curling Club Overview: Embrace your passion for customer service and creating an environment that is a pleasure for staff, members and guests to enjoy. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To work in at the largest curling club in the world. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and experience our family attitude. Join our Kelowna Curling Club family today!
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
• Operate, assist and coordinate the operation, maintenance, servicing of plant refrigeration facilities and equipment.
• Required to interpret system performance, diagnose faults and perform effective follow-up of same.
• The successful candidate will be mentored to become Chief Engineer. and will then be responsible for plant operation, and staffing in compliance with TSBC, OHS and Safety Standards Act regulation.
• Keep in consistent communication with Management regarding issues, projects and timelines.
• Keep a safe and clean work environment.
• Follow Kelowna Curling Club safety protocols.
• Work as an effective team player with the rest of the Ice and Maintenance staff to achieve an efficient, friendly and effective workplace with optimum operations.
• Be able to communicate effectively with all employees and management
• Have a good work record and above average attendance • Be able to undertake assignments with or without direct supervision
• Be comfortable working at heights • Mechanical Aptitude • Safety conscious
• Have TSBC Refrigeration Operators certification or equivalent.
• Possess experience working with ammonia as a refrigerant.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
• Reside within 20-minute drive for on-call duty
• Although the demands of the job are Monday to Friday daytime, successful candidate must be available to work various hours and shifts including weekends, evenings, and possibly on very short notice.
• Salary for this position is between $55-60,000, dependent on experience.
• Medical benefits and RRSP contributions start after probation.
• Salary review upon achievement of Chief Engineer status
• The Kelowna Curling Club thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.kelownacurling.com for more information on the Kelowna Curling Club.
Closes June 30, 2019
Please send resumes to: