Home to about 275 curling club members, the Lloydminster Curling Club Inc. (LCC) is a registered non-profit organization that is to provide curling leagues, events, etc. and to promote the growth of curling in Lloydminster and surrounding area. The LCC has recently taken all curling operations from the City of Lloydminster and is looking to hire a curling club manager to promote the sport and to be the face of the curling club on a day to day basis during the curling season.
Curling ice will be available approximately October 3, 2019 and will be removed by March 31, 2020. The start date for this manager will be September 1, 2019 as there will be some planning to be worked with the board of directors for the upcoming curling season. The end date of the position will be March 31, 2020.
Some of the duties this position will include:
• Organize and promote leagues, Learn to Curl events.
• Help promote bonspiels
• Day to day questions and emails
• Take curling ice bookings
• Finding sponsors and developing sponsor relationships
• Various administrative tasks such as opening mail, sending mass emails/newsletters to the membership, collecting funds, running the Social Media and website pages
• Establishing a strong working relationship with the board of directors and the ice technicians
• Previous experience as a curling club manager is an asset
• Must be able to work efficiently alone and with a team
• Must have access to a vehicle and a valid drivers license
• Have strong organizational, time management and customer service skills
• Is self-motivated and has a passion to promote and market the sport of curling
• Must be proficient with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Have the confidence and ability to run a social media and website platform
• Someone with extensive knowledge of the sport of curling is an asset
• Must be able to communicate well to those that are new to the sport of curling
Hours: It will vary each month but will likely average 100 hours per month. Some of these hours may require you to work from home.
Pay: $2,400 per month
Submission of Application: Please email your resume (including two references) and cover letter to [email protected]