Career Opportunity: Lead Ice Technician, Leduc Curling Club
Are you a level 2 or 3 certified Ice Technician with 5+ years of experience providing high quality ice? The Leduc Curling Club is in a world class recreation facility and we are seeking someone to prepare and maintain our 8-sheet high quality curling ice. This is a seasonal position from July 15 to March 31 each year.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Ice Technician plays an integral part in the customer service and professional image of our club. Qualified candidates will have experience performing and overseeing all ice-making and maintenance duties, managing volunteer and/or paid ice crew, keeping detailed maintenance logs, and be both personable and approachable.
– Install of the ice including painting, and in ice advertising as removal of ice at season’s end
– Maintain a detailed maintenance log
– Prepare and maintain the ice surface to the highest possible standard
– Perform ice maintenance such as scrape, pebble and nip prior to each league, bonspiel, event, and rental draw
– Perform / oversee major ice maintenance
– Train and supervise ice assistants in the operations of scraping, cleaning, pebble/nip and advise/assist the GM in recruiting and co-ordinating schedules of volunteer Ice Assistants
– Work with GM to establish the ice maintenance schedule
– Other duties as assigned by the GM
– Complete all tasks observing all safety rules and in a professional and courteous manner
– Ensure tools are properly maintained and serviced as required. Service log to be maintained
– Co-ordinate with GM to establish need for rock maintenance/repair as required.
– Be present at agreed times for all major bonspiels and some evening league play to monitor ice conditions and ensure best possible quality
– Attend (at club expense) periodic approved clinics/courses/seminars to update knowledge and maximize effectiveness in the job
– Prepare for and co-ordinate end of season ice removal, utilizing outside resources as required
Qualifications and Skills
– 5+ years’ experience as an Ice Technician
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Minimum Level 2 Certification (Level 3 preferred)
This position offers a competitive salary along with health and dental benefits. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.