Career Opportunity: General Manager
GRIMSBY CURLING CLUB, GRIMSBY ON
The Grimsby Curling Club is seeking an experienced Curling Club General Manager with good organizational skills, along with computer skills and a passion for people and service excellence, to provide a curling environment for our growing membership. Some bookkeeping knowledge would be an asset as well a smart serve certification. This position is for a full-time seasonal period starting in September to end of April.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, Duties and Responsibilities subject to but not limited:
- Maintaining club office in an organized and orderly fashion
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the Grimsby Curling Club
- Work closely with Head Ice Technician to ensure curling ice is ready for all scheduled leagues and club bonspiels or ice rentals.
- Schedule own and staff work hours to accommodate the changing needs of the club which may require evening and weekend work and devote his or her full time and attention during working hours to the business and interests of the club.
- Manage all the functions required to maintain club website that includes gaining knowledge of the club’s software to provide membership updates, pricing, and league scheduling as well as recording financial entries crucial to income revenue and expenditures that are reported to the accountant.
- Work closely with the club treasurer to achieve budgeted goals through monitoring expense and revenue accounts to maximize net operating revenue, report on all variances and recommend any required operational expenditures.
- Manage the functions of the lounge and bar services as well as kitchen, this includes making sure those areas have a fully stocked inventory also properly recording all bar proceeds and expenditures.
- Coordinate and schedule with the necessary vendors and contractors, to ensure all utilities, inventory and the facility is properly maintained
Expected Hours of Work
Work a minimum of 44 hours per week, subject to stat holidays, sick leave and building closures
What we Offer
Staff privileges which include curling
Continuous career development
What You Offer
A passion for people and service excellence
Excellent communication skills
Computer skills a definite asset
Please submit your resume directly to the Grimsby Curling Club at: