Career Opportunity: Head Ice Technician
Calgary Winter Club
At the Calgary Winter Club, we are proud of our Club, our people, and what we do.
– We take ownership in what we say and do
– We are accessible to others
– We take the most ethical approach
– We are genuine and sincere in our interactions and actions
– We respect one another’s values, talents, and contributions
The Calgary Winter Club is a private member owned social and athletic club, one of the best in North
America. Learn more at www.calgarywinterclub.com.
The Calgary Winter Club is currently seeking a Head Ice Technician. This person is responsible for creating
and maintaining the functional ice surfaces in Curling and Skating, and assisting in building maintenance.
This is a very hands-on role involved in the day-to-day tasks and maintenance of the CWC’s ice facilities.
1. Install and maintain high-standard curling and skating ice
2. Hire, train, and supervise assistant ice crew
3. Inspect rinks, curling locker room, curling lounge, and other related areas
4. Develop and implement a preventative maintenance schedule
5. Oversee related outside contractor work
6. Contribute and develop the ice maintenance operating budget and goals
7. Establish and maintain regular collaboration with Skating and Curling Professionals
8. Conduct and document Health & Safety training and related protocols
9. Maintain certifications and proactively pursue advanced training opportunities
Knowledge & Skills Required
1. Excellent customer service skills
2. Takes initiative and ownership of task
3. Solutions oriented and proactive in nature
4. Flexibility in personal schedule to meet needs of the business (evenings/weekends)
5. Ability to walk and maneuver with equipment on icy surfaces
6. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 kilos
7. Level 2 or higher ice technician certificate
8. Minimum five years ice making experience, competition quality preferred
9. WHMIS certified
– Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or
study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
– We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples,
persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that
reflects the communities we serve.
– We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you
have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
– We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, send your resume before March 26, 2022 by email with “Head Ice Technician” in the subject
line to [email protected]