Career Opportunity: Head Ice Technician
Red Deer Curling Centre, Alberta
The Pidherney Centre, Home to Red Deer Curling, is currently seeking a Head Ice Technician for the 2022/23 season and beyond. This person is primarily responsible for the installation of and maintaining of 12 sheets of high standard curling ice in a world class facility that was built in 2012. The Pidherney Centre is a multi-use facility that is home to over 750 members and that play in 17 different curling leagues. We host numerous bonspiels throughout the curling season. This facility is located in Red Deer, Alberta.
– installation and removal of 12 sheets of curling ice.
– maintain a high standard of curling ice.
– Keep ice area clean
– Hire, train, schedule and supervise ice staff
– Answer ice plant alarms
– Regular ice plant checks
– maintenance as required around the facility
– Set-up, tear down and clean up for special events
– Snow removal as needed outside of around facility
– Assist with ice operational budget
– Oversee outside contract work
– Colloborate with GM and front office staff in regards to ice and event schedules
– Transporting liquor deliveries to lounge
– Ice operations monthly report to the Board of Directors
– Other odd jobs as assigned by the GM
Education & Experience
– Level 2 or higher ice technician certificate
– Minimum 5 years experience in ice making with experience in competition ice preferred
– Must be able to lift 50lbs
– Excellent customer service skills
– Flexible in schedule as weekends, weekdays, and evenings are required.
– WHMIS certified or willing to obtain
– First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
– Criminal Record Check
This is a year round position and salary will be based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume by email to [email protected] with “Head Ice Technician” in the subject line by May 15th, 2022. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.