Career Opportunity: Ice Operations Manager
Barrie Curling Club, Ontario
Job Title: Ice Operations Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Date: April 6, 2023
ABOUT THE CLUB
• We are a thriving, financially strong 7-sheet curling and event facility with a large, active membership. We host league play, bonspiels, rentals and events from early October to mid-April.
• A new ice pad was installed in 2019. New compressors were installed in 2021. New brine pumps will be installed in the summer of 2023. The rink roof was partially replaced in 2019 and will be completed in the spring of 2023.
• Seeking to contract or employ an Ice Operations Manager to plan and perform curling ice maintenance for the 2023-2024 curling season and beyond.
Responsible for the following:
• Day-to-day curling ice maintenance activities for leagues, bonspiels and rentals, ensuring high quality playing conditions;
• Periodic floods and rock maintenance in-season;
• Ice install and removal, including proper storage of rocks and equipment;
• Train and oversee Ice Services staff;
• Disseminate feedback from members and guests;
• Attend Ice Quality meetings with the Manager and Ice Quality Chair;
• Attend or provide reports for Board of Directors Meetings if required;
• Other duties to be assigned as necessary.
• Two years’ experience working with a Level 2+ Ice Technician and completion or willingness to complete Curling Club Ice Technical Workshop at soonest opportunity;
• Curling knowledge;
• Ability to be on-site to perform maintenance and observe curling activities for at least 40 hours per week;
• Customer service orientation and strong interpersonal skills;
• Previous experience using the Ice Mistress application would be an asset;
• Previous experience using Hack to Hack sheets would be an asset.
• This may be an employee or contract position.
• The position will start in September 2023.
• Contract amount: To be determined.
• Inquiries and expressions of interest can be directed to General Manager Melanie Hughes via email at [email protected] by April 30th, 2023.
• All submissions will be assessed; only suitable candidates will be contacted further.
• The first round of interviews will be completed between May 10-13, 2023.