Career Opportunity: Member Services Coordinator
Chilliwack Curling Club, British Columbia
The Chilliwack Curling Club is the premier state of the art Curling Club in BC opening in November 2018. The club has 8 sheets of ice, a fully stocked Pro Shop, a 120-seat restaurant and banquet space for 350 guests. We have over 700 active members with 20+ draws per week, an active Novice and Junior Program as well as high school teams and school field trips. We are actively seeking a “Member Services Coordinator” to assume the duties associated with the Curling portion of the facility. This position could either be salaried or hourly depending on the applicant and could be a seasonal or year-round position depending on the successful applicant.
JOB TITLE: MEMBERSHIP SERVICES COORDINATOR (MSC)
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER (GM)
The MSC is responsible for overseeing membership interactions focusing on league play, bonspiels, Junior Development, High School and Elementary School programming, including administration and budgeting of each. The MSC is central to creating a positive atmosphere for members, prospective members and the community.
The Chilliwack Curling and Community Center is a multi-facetted facility opened in November 2018. We feature 8 sheets of curling ice, 21000 sq ft of offseason space, a 120 seat restaurant, meeting rooms as well as banquet and lounge space for up to 350 guests. The Club also features a fully stocked Pro shop with a wide selection of curling supplies servicing over 700 members playing 7 days a week. We have hosted many National, Provincial and Regional Championships since we opened and will continue to utilize our facility in the future for these events. We are heavily integrated with the community, hosting weekly service group meetings as well as large fundraisers and parties for the business community and its citizens.
• Coordinate the timely maintenance of Pro shop inventory and purchasing, as well as accurate and up to date contacts with Pro Shop vendors.
• Support staff/volunteer sales staff through training, regular feedback and product information as well as updates to Pro Shop processes (ie POS system) in Sales Manual.
• Oversee the Pro Shop daily income and expenditures as well as reporting of sales trends, in collaboration with the GM.
• Respond to member’s and general public’s questions and concerns in an effective and timely manner.
• Provide support to League Reps through date selection and number of ice sheets required. Ensure schedules for leagues are created and posted in a timely manner.
• Integrate Novice Members, when needed, into established leagues
• Coordinate recruitment, contact and schedule with Chilliwack School board for High School teams, field trips and school activities.
• Assess needs of new leagues, develop and implement with the support of League Rep.
• Maintain accurate membership database, ensuring alignment between online registration and waiver forms and league rosters.
• Submission of membership information to Curl BC for insurance purposes and affiliation payments.
• Ensure coaching guidelines for rentals, clinics, school field trips and Novice programs.
• Recruit and schedule coaches for rentals, clinics and lessons, hours tracked and submitted for payroll or the CCC Club buck program.
• Implement annual marketing initiatives utilizing website, emails to membership, Twitter, Facebook and press releases.
• Promote CCC and its events to members and new curlers, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Committee, utilizing outside marketing opportunities and social media.
• Write timely emails to membership to communicate upcoming events and operational news to members
• Support Marketing and Communications Committee to promote leagues, clinics, club and facility events
• Publish website online calendar of events and ice schedule with regular updates throughout the year.
• Recruit volunteers working in conjunction with the Board Volunteer Committee to ensure functions requiring volunteers’ needs are met.
• Working with Board Volunteer Community maintain an accurate Volunteer Data Base.
• Collaborate with Board Volunteer Committee to match volunteer’s skills with appropriate role and schedule.
• Maintain a record of volunteer hours for the Club buck program and any Government or Association (Curl BC, Curling Canada) needs. Ensure Club bucks are issued and records of issuance and redemption are maintained for bookkeeping purposes.
• Assist General Manager and bookkeeper when necessary.
• Duties may include posting into accounting program, ensure dues and fees are paid by all curlers, invoicing for events held at the CCC, filing, or other duties as assigned by the General Manager to assist in the efficient operation of office.
• Janitorial duties may be required when needed.
• Attention to detail-Proven ability to attend to detail, including excellent track record of accurate, high-quality work.
• Organizational- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professional demeanor – Approachable, calm, and professional in manner, able to appropriately offer assistance to a wide range of individuals.
• Flexibility – Able to adjust to changing needs of the organization, re-prioritizing as necessary and working effectively under pressure.
• Learning – Ability to implement and independently learn a variety of new office software programs.
• Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication
• University or College degree, preferably with emphasis in Office Administration or Recreation Management would be an asset, but not a requirement
• Minimum 3 years Office or Recreation Facility experience would be an asset, but not required.
• Understanding of and experience with retail and membership-based organization would be an asset.
• Curling experience would be an asset to understand the membership and operation.
• Flexibility – Understanding the curling season, hours may vary with more hours needed at the start and mid points of each season, during bonspiels and events.
• Weekends and evenings may be a requirement
• Weekly averaging may be required due to the varying scheduling of events.
• Position would be required from August 15 to April 15 of each season, but the opportunity for yearly employment could be created.
• This will be a full-time hourly position with fair compensation based on previous work experience. Hourly rate will be $25 to start.
Please send your application and resume to the attention of:
General Manager, Chilliwack Curling and Community Center
45550 Spadina Avenue,
Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 1V4
Or via email to [email protected]