Career Opportunity: Head Ice Technician
Westmount Golf & Country Club, Kitchener, Ontario
Historic. Vibrant. Unrivaled.
Westmount Golf & Country Club offers a world-class experience in the heart of Kitchener-Waterloo.
Westmount is a vibrant community, a premier private club with a tradition of excellence in sporting
and social activities for our members, their families, friends, and guests. At Westmount, people of all
ages come together in a welcoming atmosphere to be active and build longstanding relationships.
Westmount is a place to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Westmount has long been regarded as one of the best private clubs in Canada. The club is based
around one of the best golf courses in Canada, ranked 12th in the country by SCORE Golf. The club
has award-winning golf, wonderful practice facilities, a history of holding the country’s top
tournaments, great tennis in the warm months, curling in the winter, and tremendous dining yearround.
Our staff is what truly makes Westmount Golf & Country Club a premier private club. All our staff
provide exemplary service for our members and their guests. To be a premier private club, we
require skilled and motivated staff.
We are currently seeking a passionate and highly motivated Head Ice Technician to join our team.
This is a seasonal position with the opportunity for year-round employment in other departments at
Westmount Golf & Country Club. The preferred start date is January 2024. We are flexible and will
work with the right candidate to accommodate an alternate start date.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Start up and shut down of the ice plant including working with our outside refrigeration
• Ice installation, lines, signage, and hack installation.
• Use of Ice Mistress control system.
• Being available to respond to ice plant alarms.
• Prepare and maintain the ice surface to the highest possible standards for league play,
bonspiels, and CurlOn Competitions.
• Ensure that a detailed maintenance logbook is maintained.
• Ensure all ice maintenance equipment is operated efficiently, safely and serviced as required.
• Spring removal of ice, spot cleaning of floor, storage of signs and rocks.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers, members, and their
• Ice Technician Certification Level 2
• Proven experience installing and maintaining ice.
• Active curler.
Job requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Flexible working hours that include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Must have a passion for people and service excellence.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
The successful applicant will receive an attractive compensation package commensurate with
experience and qualifications.
In addition to compensation, Westmount offers:
• Staff privileges which include golf, tennis, curling
• Continuous career development and education support
• Company events
• Dental care
• Discounted meals
• Extended health care
• RRSP match
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than November 27, 2023, to Peter Corner,
Curling Manager: [email protected].
Westmount Golf & Country Club provides equal opportunities to all qualified employees and
applicants for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status,
national origin, sexual orientation, disability, family status, or any other legally protected status.
Westmount Golf & Country Club will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and
If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process, please contact