The call for volunteers for the 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts was a success. We will continue to accept names on a waiting list just in case we need to fill some spaces down the road. All you need to do to get your name on this list is email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and your committee preference.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- An official 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts volunteer uniform. (click here for the sizing chart)
- Access to the famous Patch with entertainment.
- Limited edition volunteer pin (not available to the general public).
- Volunteer handbook.
- Invitation to the volunteer appreciation party.
- Access to the venue when not on shift. Seats are available based on capacity, reserved seating is not provided. For those volunteers who want reserved seats, it is suggested that they purchase tickets.
- You must be 18 years of age or older as of February 18, 2017 to volunteer for the 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts.
- Dependent on response from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be required/accepted.
- Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice. We hope volunteers will want to assist in any area.
Conditions of Volunteering
By applying to become a volunteer for the 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts, you acknowledge and agree with the following:
- A minimum contribution of 30 hours volunteer service will be required for the event (flexibility can be arranged if necessary).
- Volunteers are required to wear official event clothing at a cost of $100 payable to “2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts”. This fee also contributes to the volunteer reward package detailed under “Benefits of Volunteering” listed below.
- This fee will be collected when you register online. At the same time you will choose your uniform size and submit a photograph for your accreditation.
- Authorization to perform a background check for those volunteers working in the Banking area and those working with Junior Stars.
- Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by the 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts.
- Photo identification is required for accreditation.
- We will use email to communicate with volunteers. Please provide your email address when applying on the VicNet system. Adjust your privacy settings on your VicNet account to allow the receipt of emails from us.
A Message from our Volunteer Sponsor
It’s not what we say that makes a difference in our communities, it’s what we do.
Building on more than 65 years of history in Ontario, Meridian Credit Union is proud to serve our communities with operations that extend from Windsor to St. Catharines. As a member owned co-operative enterprise, investing in the well-being of the community – and ensuring that those efforts have a positive and lasting impact – is an essential part of our success.
Curling is one of Canada’s favourite winter sports and Meridian Credit Union is thrilled to be the volunteer sponsor of the 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts and to help bring this exciting national championship to the community of St. Catharines. We know that sporting events such as this wouldn’t be possible without the assistance of many dedicated volunteers and we believe that those efforts deserve to be recognized and celebrated. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered, your efforts make life in the community better for everyone.
For more information about Meridian, please call 1-866-592-2226.
Want to be notified when volunteer opportunities are announced for our events? Click on the link below and fill out the short form to sign up for the email list.