Join us and be a part of this incredible week of curling! As a volunteer, you will be able to experience this world-class event from a unique, behind-the-scenes perspective where you will have the opportunity to be up close and personal with some of the best curlers in the world.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Receive the official volunteer clothing
- Access to the famous Heartstop Lounge with live entertainment
- Limited edition volunteer pin (not available to the general public)
- Volunteer handbook
- Invitation to the volunteer appreciation party
- Access to the venue when not on shift. Seats are available based on capacity, reserved seating is not provided. For those volunteers who want reserved seats, it is suggested that they purchase tickets.
- You must be 19 years of age or older as of January 27, 2018 to volunteer for the 2018 Scotties Tournament of Hearts.
- Dependent on response from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be required/accepted.
- Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice. We hope volunteers will want to assist in any area.
Conditions of Volunteering
By applying to become a Volunteer for this event, you acknowledge and agree with the following:
- A minimum contribution of 30 hours volunteer service will be required for the event (flexibility can be arranged if necessary).
- Volunteers are required to wear official event uniform at a cost of $100 This fee also contributes to the volunteer reward package detailed under “Benefits of Volunteering” listed above. This fee will be collected when you register online. At the same time you will choose your uniform size and submit a photograph for your accreditation.
- Authorization to perform a background check for those volunteers working in the Banking area and those working with Junior Stars.
- Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by Curling Canada.
- Photo identification is required for accreditation.
- We will use email to communicate with volunteers. Please provide your email address when applying through this volunteer system. Adjust your privacy settings on your email account to allow the receipt of emails from us.
Want to be notified when volunteer opportunities are announced for our events? Click on the link below and fill out the short form to sign up for the email list.