The University of Toronto is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Associate Head Coach for the Varsity Blues Curling program.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Intercollegiate Blue & White and Club Sports and working collaboratively with the Curling Head Coach, the Curling Associate Head Coach’s key roles and responsibilities include:
– Serving as head coach of the women’s curling team: performing all coaching duties consistent with the performance of a successful intercollegiate sport program, including student-athlete recruitment, team selection, personnel management (Assistant coaches, team manager, etc.), team and individual goal setting, technical preparation, practice planning and preparation, competition strategy, and regular contact with student-athletes. The Curling Associate Head Coach is also responsible for ensuring compliance with league policies and adhering to sport technical requirements of the OUA and U SPORTS, i.e. technical meeting, coaches meeting, roster forms, etc.
– Working alongside the Curling Head Coach, the Curling Associate Head Coach will: assist and support with the operations of the women’s curling team. These key roles and responsibilities include: fundraising and budget management, developing practice and competition schedules, equipment, uniform, and apparel purchase coordination, travel and accommodation coordination, sports information content, intercollegiate awards reporting, program evaluation, and regular contact with student-athletes.
Curling is in the Blue & White Division of the University of Toronto intercollegiate sport model and operates from October 1 to the U SPORTS Championships in March annually.
– University degree, preferably in Kinesiology or Physical Education, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Competition Coach NCCP coaching certification or equivalent credentials appropriate to high performance coaching (or in progress/demonstrated interest).
– A minimum of 2 years’ curling coaching experience in the OUA, other post-secondary, or non-varsity competitive club, provincial, or national team programs
– Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
– A valid CLASS G driver’s license
Please send your resume/CV with a cover letter to Kevin Sousa, Assistant Manager, Intercollegiate Blue & White and Club Sports via email to [email protected]. The e-mail subject line must read: Associate Head Coach Curling – ‘Your Name’.
This is a volunteer position that is compensated by an honorarium.
Deadline for application: Until filled
Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.