Career Opportunity: Ice Operations
Barrie Curling Club, Barrie ON
ABOUT THE CLUB
• We are a thriving, financially strong 7-sheet curling and event facility with a large, active membership. We host league play, bonspiels and rentals from mid-October to mid-April, averaging 5 draws and 2-3 scrapes per day.
• The 2019-2020 curling season was conducted on a brand new ice pad, installed in the summer of 2019.
• The 2020-2021 curling calendar is already shaping up to be another banner year for the Barrie Curling Club, with plans to host the Stu Sells U18 Tankard and CurlON events.
• Seeking ice operations services for the 2020-2021 curling season.
• Responsible for the day-to-day ice operations for leagues, bonspiels and rentals, ensuring high quality playing conditions;
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the General Manager, Board of Directors, staff, club members, contractors, vendors, visitors and the community at large;
• Initiate and engage in activities to increase efficiency and improve quality of ice making;
• Start-up and ice installation;
• Removal of ice, and proper storage of rocks and equipment.
• Level 3 Ice Technician certification, OR equivalent experience and commitment to obtain Level 3 certification within the first year of the contract;
• Customer service orientation;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Previous experience using the Ice Mistress application would be an asset;
• Previous experience using Hack to Hack sheets would be an asset.
• Inquiries and expressions of interest can be directed to General Manager Melanie Hughes via email at [email protected] by March 31st, 2020.
• All submissions will be assessed; only suitable candidates will be contacted further.