Career Opportunity: Curling Manager
Donalda Golf & Country Club, North York, ON
Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year-round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto.
We are seeking a passionate self-motivated team player to join team as Curling Manager who must be able to work flexible shifts which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please “Apply Online” at www.donaldaclub.ca under the employment page and tell us how you can contribute to our team’s success.
An overview of what you will do:
Reporting to the Director of Golf and Athletics, the Curling Manager will perform his/her duties to ensure the smooth operation and maintenance of the Curling Area at Donalda Club, and directs the rental, scheduling and staffing of the facility while also ensuring quality control in the arena. The Curling manager will perform duties to ensure that the curling arena meets Donalda Club’s standard throughout the seasons September to April.
– Ensure all equipment used in the Curling Department is maintained and performs at a satisfactory manner
– Perform general maintenance to the arena and curling equipment when required (rocks, brooms, rink, etc.)
– Develop various policies to implement ongoing control of safe curling facilities and environments for members and guest
– Maintain accurate record of usage of the curling facility for future references. Maintains and keeps Curling software current and relevant.
– Work alongside the Marketing department and other department managers to promote the curling facilities at Donalda Club
– Reports any major repair required to the Director of Athletics for review, and any Non-Major repair requirement to the Maintenance Manager
– Handles complaints from members and guests regarding the curling facilities
– Provide assistance and instructions to members who are new to curling to ensure a fun experience for the member
– Provide input for Director of Athletics to help develop the operational budgets for the curling department
– Restock any items that are required in the Curling department
– Act as Donalda Club’s Ontario Curling Association (OCA) representative
– Ensure that all trophies and awards are ordered, engraved and appropriately maintained and displayed
– Set the coming seasons fixture card and make ready for distribution to section members
– Attend Management, staff training and team building events as Curling Committee meeting
– Ensure that the curling lounge is set up appropriately for all regular curling and special events including tables, microphone, etc
– Track pricing and practices of other similar clubs to locate any methods to improve the services at Donalda Club
– Promote the Club’s Curling events using various media to increase the usage of the curling facility by members
– Perform any additional duties related to the Curling department as specified by the General Manager or Director of Golf and Athletics
What you will need:
– Completion of High School Education (Grade 12) or equivalent is required
Degree or Certificate in a related field is required
– Understanding of Curling and Ice making is required
– 5 years of experience in recreational management is strongly recommended and preferred
– 2/3 years in a Management/Supervisory position is recommended
– Computer skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and the use of the internet and email
– Minimum typing speed: 30 WPM
– Good hand-eye coordination, ability to climb a ladder and comfortable with heights is required
– Ability to work medium-heavy physical task for periods of up to 4 hours without sitting
– Must be able to work under pressure and under strict time constraints
– Ability to comprehend departmental accounting and budgetary processes, prepare, analyze and summarize event orders
– Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
– Strong discipline for handling administrative duties
– Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
– Team player with a collaborative approach to work
– Strong member service oriented
– Well groomed, mannerly and professional at all times
– Punctual and reliable
– Must be flexible to days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays
– Work hours may vary and will exceed 44 hours
– Salary is compensation for all hours of work, subject to the requirements of the Employment Standards Act, 2000 or any successor or amended legislation (the “Employment Standards Act”).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
– CPR and First Aid Certificate is required
What we offer
• Complimentary staff meals
• Complimentary parking
• Weekdays; evenings and weekends as required.
• Flexible for seasonal or year round
• NOT a remote working position
All staff will be provided the necessary PPE including e face masks, hand sanitizer and equipment disinfectants. In addition, signage has been posted throughout the Clubhouse and hand sanitizer has been provided at all entry points.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered
Donalda Club is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.