Career Opportunity: Health and Wellness Curling Coordinator
Curl Sudbury, Sudbury, Ontario
Curl Sudbury – Health and Wellness Curling Coordinator
Sudbury’s busiest curling facility is looking for someone to join their team. Curl Sudbury is hiring a Health and Wellness Coordinator! We are looking for an energetic, self-motivating person who is passionate about sports and our community.
Curl Sudbury has been the leader of curling in Sudbury for 129 years. Our facility is welcoming and inviting for all, where staff and volunteers go out of their way to make you feel at home. With a new cement floor, we have emerged as a popular event and indoor pickleball space for the community of Sudbury to enjoy. Our staff is small, but mighty and we love the work that they do.
Position Title- Health and Wellness Curling Coordinator
Location- Curl Sudbury, 300 Wessex St, Sudbury Ontario P3B 3A7
Duration- October – May with possibility for extension. Full time preferred or 2 part time, contract
Salary- $19.00/hr 34hrs/week
How to Apply – Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] before October 4th at 5:00 PM. Please state in your cover letter the amount of curling experience that you have.
– ensure that staff, curler and facility users understand and follow our COVID-19 policies
– instruct current and new curlers on how to safely enjoy the sport of curling
– stay current on provincial and local COVID protocols and communicate them to staff and members
– Use social media and other creative platforms to recruit new players and inform current members
– Assist with event planning, organization and execution both on and off the ice
– Must be a curlers and know the sport well enough to teach
– Able to instruct people of all ages and skill levels
– Excellent customer service skills
– Comfortable meeting and interacting with new people of all ages
– Must be comfortable with computers (Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Social Media Platforms, Canva, WordPress)
– Understanding and familiarity with social media platforms and marketing
– Ability to multitask and deal with deadlines
– Must have a Smart Serve or be willing to acquire one.
– Marketing, communications and communications background would be an asset
Contact: Kelly Irvine – [email protected] – 705-673-5601