Career Opportunity: Club Manager
Riverview Curling Club, Brandon, Manitoba
Position: Club Manager, Riverview Curling Club Permanent Full Time
We are looking for a motivated individual to manage the business and facility operations of the Riverview Curling Club. We are a four-sheet facility with kitchen and banquet amenities.
The full-time Club Manager is expected to have increased availability during the curling season (September to April) and less during the off-season. The Manager will be expected to manage their own schedule as needs dictate but will allow for flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends)
– provide management and leadership to Board members, curlers, renters etc.
– budgeting, forecasting and business planning
– market all aspects of the Club, including curling and banquet activities
– manage the website and social media
– configure and manage the registration system and payment process
– maintain the financial viability of the Club through cost control and revenue generation
– provide excellent service to current members, while also attracting new members
– report to the Board of Directors monthly
– ensure the Club maintains up-to-date policies and procedures
– ensure that there is clear responsibility and accountability for all club activities
– manage and hire staff as needed (bar, security, cleaning etc.)
– purchase supplies for day-to-day operations
Required Education or Experience:
– Degree/Diploma in Business, Marketing or Recreation or combination of education and/or
experience would be an asset
– small business management, human resources, and financial management
– membership service, including good communications and interpersonal skills, with a
proven track record of customer service
– knowledge of curling would be an asset
– knowledge of applicable laws and regulations (e.g., Liquor Laws, Health and Safety,
operational permits) would be an asset
The salary range is commensurate with education and experience.
All information submitted will be strictly confidential and only those selected for further
consideration will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter to:[email protected]
The Riverview Curling Club follows all COVID-19 protocols as recommended by our local public health unit and the Government of Manitoba.