Career Opportunity: Head Ice Technician
Medicine Hat Curling Club, Alberta
The Medicine Hat Curling Club is accepting applications for a full time seasonal Head Ice Technician. (September 15, 2022 – April 15, 2023). Preference will be given to those who have their Level 2 Ice Technician certificate, or equivalent experience and a commitment to obtain Level 2 certification. Our season runs from the start of October until the end of March.
The MHCC is located in sunny Southern Alberta. We have 8 sheets of ice with over 500 members and approximately 15 draws per week Monday through Saturday, weekend bonspiels, various rentals and junior curling.
The Head Ice Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties.
• Ice installation including painting, running lines, in-ice logos, hack and board installation and all other duties for initial installation.
• Facilitate day-to-day curling ice operations (scraping, cleaning, pebbling, rock care), ensuring a high-quality playing surface for all league play, rentals, bonspiels and other functions as required.
• Train, supervise and schedule assistant ice technicians and volunteers.
• Schedule and implement maintenance floods and ice maintenance when required.
• Complete daily/monthly/yearly equipment maintenance and log data as required.
• Cleanliness & general maintenance of the entire building.
• Working with and assisting manager where required.
• Able to develop rapport and good relationships with staff and club members.
• Comfortable with computer technology.
Renumeration will depend on qualifications.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] or mail to
Medicine Hat Curling Club
880A 2 Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 0E6
Review of applications will begin May 6, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in the Medicine Hat Curling Club.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.