Career Opportunity: Sponsorship Coordinator
Sponsorship Coordinator, Curling Canada
Curling Canada is a National Sport Organization (NSO) and the leading expert and growth
engine for Curling Excellence in Canada. Our exclusive purpose and function is to promote
amateur athletics in the form of curling in Canada, on a nation-wide basis. We manage high
performance programs (i.e., Team Canada,) select and manage national teams, and we have
the exclusive right to name teams to World Competitions and Canadian Olympic
organizations. We focus on serving our members (the Provincial, Territorial or Regional
Curling Associations) and all of their associated clubs and curlers throughout Canada, with
a plethora of services and resources from promotion, marketing, to data and technology.
Curling Canada’s relationships with Sponsors fundamentally enable us to meet our strategic
objectives of growth of the sport of Curling in Canada. To continue to build Curling Canada’s
brand and overall purpose, we are looking to add a Sponsorship Coordinator to our team!
Reporting to the Executive Director – Marketing and Fan Experience, the successful
candidate will play a critical role in planning, coordinating, and executing upon Curling
Canada’s key initiatives with a focus on Sponsorship management and fulfillment and onsite
event coordination and support.
What You Will be Doing:
• Responsible for all Sponsor communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on all
Sponsor deliverables and renewal revenue
• Review all major deliverables (i.e., signage, print, promotional, entertainment
elements, etc.) to ensure quality standards and that Sponsor expectations are met
• Ensure that Sponsor issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing
department head of any problems that may arise
• Assist the Business Development team in finalizing agreements with new Sponsors to
ensure a smooth transition into the management and service of the relationship
• Work closely with department head and partnership team on contract renewals for
• Work closely with the rest of the department to maintain a continuous knowledge of
project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or
related to the various projects and deliverables
• Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met,
and that projects are profitable
• Be aware of and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business
• Communicate Sponsors’ goals and represent the partners’ interests in such a way that
achieves the partnerships’ shared goals, while always working in the best interest of
• Develop and support key Sponsorship relationships and embrace each Sponsor
relationship by understanding the business of each Sponsors in a way that allows the
organization to anticipate Sponsors’ needs and respond in a timely fashion
• Assist in the execution of ancillary benefits such as pre-sales, off-season events, inevent requests, and non-event access
• Assist in developing and executing in-season promotions such as athlete signings,
hospitality, and exclusive events
• Map, inspect and monitor each Sponsor booth prior to and during each event for
quality assurance (cleanliness/maintenance) and immediately resolve any issues, as
• Maintain Sponsorship databases, including contact name, address, special dates (i.e.,
birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) comments from visits, etc.
• Distribute Event logos to Sponsors, encouraging involvement and participation in
specific Event promotions
• Request Event newspaper layouts from production suppliers. Execute on print, digital,
and social media Sponsorship strategies as directed by our Marketing/Sponsorship
and Social Media team.
• Source or produce creative materials for Sponsor fulfillment and presence for the
arena and Patch / HeartStop video screens (i.e., Jumbotron and / or matrix boards)
Event Planning, Coordination & On-Site Execution
Our annual tournament season and our Season of Champions is mission critical to Curling
Canada. It is our signature offering to the sport and the pinnacle of all of our marketing
and operational initiatives to promote and grow the support of Curling in Canada and to
promote Curling in Canada to the world.
The incumbent will work directly with the Event Manager, Local / National Sponsorship
Sales, Local & National Marketing team and Event Office Staff to ensure the sound planning
and execution of on-site Sponsorship deliverables as well as digital and social media
Sponsorship initiatives during Curling Canada events and other strategic initiatives.
This is where we really count on this individual to execute flawlessly and support our Sponsor
obligations and the rest of the Curling Canada on-site team.
• Support the Game Day Manager and the Curling Canada on-site team on Sponsor Day
• Greet and welcome Sponsors and ensure that all Sponsor needs, and contract
obligations are met.
• Work with Executive Director on any sponsor related requests for access to athletes
• Facilitate event access to athletes and officials for Sponsor attendees
• Set up Sponsor lounge and ensure all Sponsors receive their tickets
• Set up scoreboard and monitor all online (digital and social media) and print
• Monitor all Sponsor-driven activities and deliverables.
• Source or produce creative materials for Sponsor fulfillment for the arena
Demonstrate responsiveness and creative problem solving and solutions
What you Need To Be Successful:
Skills and Education
Come as you are. You are welcome here! Curling Canada is deeply committed to promoting
diversity, advancing equity, and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite
applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups, particularly members of Black,
Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities.
• We are looking for an individual with a passion for people and the role they play in
driving and supporting Curling Canada’s business and revenue strategies
• A degree or diploma from a recognized institution – business, marketing, event
management or communications degree preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in event management or account servicing and support –
preferably in Sponsorship servicing or fulfillment
• Strong relationship management skills and able to illustrate their ability to add value
to Sponsor relationships and deliverables to facilitate long-term Sponsorship loyalty
and strengthened relationships
• Ability to think big, while still having exceptional attention to detail and superior
organizational and administrative skills
• The understanding of and ability to execute on Sponsor traditional media and
promotion as well as digital and social media initiatives under the direction of the
Sponsorship team and the Marketing team
• Proven experience in Graphic Design and the ability to develop creative content using
Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, and
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Google Drive with a focus on documents, sheets,
slides, and forms
• English essential, both oral and written; Bilingualism (English and French) is
• Ability to travel frequently and for extended periods during the curling event season
(November – April)
• We are working remotely right now, so geography is flexible. Our offices are in Orleans
(Ottawa) and our events are nationwide. Candidates must have the technical and
physical ability to work from home in a healthy and safe environment, while
supported by Curling Canada with the appropriate tools and equipment. Candidates
must also have the flexibility to attend the office if/when required.
• This is not a 9 to 5 job during our event season. Our ideaL candidate is a key a critical
player on our event team, supporting all of our on-site staff and our Sponsor
commitments. The ability to jump in and think on your feet in a fast-paced demanding
on-site environment is critical. We are looking for a responsive and creative problem
solver with a focus on flawless marketing, delivering Sponsor rights and obligations,
and event execution.
***Please note this role requires extensive and extended travel during
the curling event season.
What We Offer
The salary range for this position starts at $52,000 – $58,000 depending upon experience.
Curling Canada offers competitive benefits including RRSP matching. All work travel
expenses are covered by Curling Canada. The incumbent will be provided a laptop and a
We offer a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment. You will be heard! You will
grow! We provide support for ongoing professional development and growth.
Interested applicants may apply to [email protected]. No agencies please. Curling Canada
is compliant with the AODA – Access Ontario Disabilities Act. For access to our policy click
here. For feedback on our accessibility please email [email protected].