Career Opportunity: General Manager
Salmon Arm Curling Club, British Columbia
The Salmon Arm Curling Club is housed within the City of Salmon Arm, British Columbia – the “Sunny Shuswap’s” largest urban centre that boasts a small-town charm despite a trading area population of over 40,000. The Salmon Arm Curling Club has an exemplary reputation and has hosted many local, provincial, and national events. It has extremely active day leagues and evening leagues run five nights a week. The Club has 6 sheets of curling ice, over 400 members, a members’ lounge, concession, and a pro shop. The curling season runs from early October to the end of March and the facility is available to rent for special events year-round.
The Club’s General Manager reports to the Board of the Salmon Arm Curling Club, receiving direction from the President and working closely with the Treasurer. Additionally, the General Manager is required to maintain positive and productive relationships with the City of Salmon Arm, Curl BC, Club Members, sponsors, venue users and other external groups.
This is a seasonal position that runs from approximately mid-September to mid-April annually. The General Manager can expect to work long hours during the curling season.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the facility, including lounge operations and venue rentals
• Provide personnel leadership, including staffing, scheduling, and training
• Oversee fiscal management of the Club
• Coordinate advertisement and sponsorship programs and prepare applications for public funding to support Club operations
• Market and promote the Club, encouraging member growth and facility rentals
• Support and assist the Board of Directors to plan and facilitate the annual curling calendar
Related experience and a proven track record in two or more of the following
• Sport club facility and program management
• Event and venue management
• Licensed facility operation
• People Leadership – recruitment, supervision, performance management
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including use of current social media platforms
• Understand the basic operation of an indoor curling facility (knowledge of ice making is an asset)
• Participation in the sport of curling, at any level, is desirable
A Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check are mandatory prior to any confirmation of employment.
For more information about the Salmon Arm Curling Club, please visit www.salmonarmcurling.com. For more information about the City of Salmon Arm please visit www.salmonarm.ca
CLOSING DATE: June 1, 2022
DESIRED START DATE: early September 2022
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: Commensurate with experience
COVID-19 considerations: Employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and a cover letter via email to: [email protected]