Career Opportunity: Coordinator, Marketing & Tickets
Curling Canada is a National Sport Organization (NSO) and the leading expert and growth engine for Curling Excellence in Canada. Our exclusive purpose and function are to promote amateur athletics in the form of curling in Canada, on a nation-wide basis. We manage high performance programs (i.e., Team Canada,) select and manage national teams, and we have the exclusive right to name teams to World Competitions and Canadian Olympic organizations. We focus on serving our members (the Provincial, Territorial or Regional Curling Associations) and all of their associated clubs and curlers throughout Canada, with a plethora of services and resources from governance to marketing, to finance, data, and technology.
The Season of Champions is an event portfolio owned and operated by Curling Canada, which includes the world’s pre-eminent curling events, such as the Brier, Scotties Tournament of Hearts, and several other major championships. The entire event portfolio receives extensive broadcast coverage on the TSN and RDS networks. Ticket revenue generated from these events fundamentally enable us to meet our strategic objectives of growth of the sport of Curling in Canada. To continue to build Curling Canada’s brand and overall purpose, we are looking to add a Coordinator, Marketing & Tickets position to our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Tickets, the successful candidate will play a critical role in coordinating, administering, and executing upon Curling Canada’s key initiatives with a focus on event marketing and ticketing support.
Please note: This role can be fulfilled exclusively through a remote work-from-home working schedule. This role may also require non-consistent travel to events across Canada throughout February to April each year as necessary.
Duties & Accountabilities:
Event Marketing Support
- Responsible for day-to-day creative agency communications ensuring all assets are delivered accurately and on time.
- Maintain master creative asset requirements list.
- Review all creative to ensure brand accuracy.
- Proof all assets for event and athlete integrity as well as copy and event detail accuracy.
- Facilitate delivery of creative assets to advertising partners and vendors.
- Liaise with creative agency’s media department to coordinate event advertising and promotion blocking charts and tracking documents.
- Participate in media partner presentations and support negotiations resulting in effective promotional campaigns.
- Work with media partners to execute all promotional campaign initiatives effectively.
- Collaborate with Event Managers and Sponsorship Coordinators to ensure all local media partnership fulfillment is efficiently managed.
- Support event team and local host committee efforts related to grassroots, community marketing initiatives.
- Assist with planning and promotion of tourism, municipal, and downtown BIA initiatives and activities that will enhance community.
- Identify, coordinate, and promote event engagement opportunities for curling clubs and their members.
Event Ticket Administration and On-Site Execution
- Assist Manager, Marketing & Tickets with creating ticket pricing, fee, and projection spreadsheets.
- Facilitate a consistent daily ticket reporting routine and provide weekly updates to event staff and leadership team.
- Maintain master ticket hold and comp requirements list and tracking documents.
- Collaborate with local and national sponsorship teams to ensure all partner ticket needs are efficiently assigned and issued in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and distribute all ticket needs for Curling Canada and its hosting partners which include but are not limited to the World Curling Federation, Provincial/Territorial Member Associations, Tourism/Municipal partners.
- Liaise with ticketing solutions provider to ensure no conflicting sponsors are present on printed, print at home, mobile, or other tickets.
- Review all ticket copy for accuracy.
- Coordinate all ticket delivery.
- Liaise with venue ticketing staff for all on-site needs including but not limited to box office hours of operations, staffing levels, and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Manager, Media and Communications to contribute relevant content and manage customer contact lists for the purpose of sending daily emails to all customers. These email updates are intended to provide customers with daily competition summaries and upcoming festival Patch information.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned to fulfill ticket delivery.
- Post-Secondary Education business, marketing, event management or communications degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in event management or ticket operations and support – preferably with specific knowledge of Ticketmaster and Paciolan ticketing systems.
- Strong relationship management skills and able to illustrate their ability to add value to partner relationships and deliverables.
- Ability to think big, while still having exceptional attention to detail and superior organizational and administrative skills
- The understanding of and ability to execute traditional media and promotion as well as digital and social media initiatives under the direction of the Manager, Marketing & Tickets and the Marketing team.
- Proven experience in Graphic Design and the ability to develop creative content using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat would be considered an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office 365 applications including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What We Offer:
The salary range for this position is competitive and is dependent upon experience. Curling Canada offers competitive benefits including RRSP matching. The incumbent will be provided will all necessary equipment, including a laptop and monitor.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who want a long-term role and who have the right work ethic, a lot of common sense and initiative and who thrive in a fast-paced, teamwork environment. The candidate is committed to uphold the purpose, mission, and values of the organization.
Contact: Emily Kaldis, Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Services – [email protected]
Come as you are. You are welcome here! Curling Canada is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity, and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from all walks of life, including marginalized and equity-seeking groups (i.e. members of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities).